Despite the end of the war many members of the Regiment retained their interest in shooting and formed themselves into a rifle club. They were granted the patronage of the young Princess Victoria, (later Queen) becoming the Royal Victoria Rifle Club. Although nominally a club, they acted very much as a volunteer rifle regiment adopting the rifle green uniform with black shako.
In1853 they were officially enrolled as a Volunteer Corps with the title Victoria Rifles and their previous service was recognised by making them the 1st Middlesex Rifles Volunteers.
In 1892 they amalgamated with the St George’s Rifles and became the 1st Middlesex (Victoria and St George’s) Rifle Volunteer Corps.